We love fall at Atlantic Solutions! October is here and with it comes wonderful hues of red, orange and yellow that eventually turn into the rustle of leaves beneath your feet as you prepare for winter. Did you know, that throughout the East Coast, people travel to specific locations just to see the color changing between the months of September through November? October is the perfect time to plan a road trip and check out all of these beautiful places.
Did you know that people who take these trips are called “leaf peepers”!
Atlantic Solutions has prepared a list of the best fall foliage places throughout the east coast for your enjoyment.
- The Catskills, New York. This area is home to six rivers, thirty-five mountain peaks and the original place where the famed Woodstock festival was held. Mid-October is the most vibrant time to visit this area.
- Lake Placid, New York. Why not take the family out to enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Placid as well as the incredible fall foliage reflected in its waters.
- Oakland, Maryland. This area has beautiful colors in the autumn months as well as some hike-able waterfalls and rock gorges.
- The Berkshires, Massachusetts. This is a region filled with spas and perfect for a weekend getaway. Take a trip to the backdrop of some gorgeous vibrant fall colors.
- Stowe, Vermont. Head over to the land of Maple Syrup and watch the maple trees turning their fiery leaves before they fall.
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Already a beautiful, historical little New England town, Portsmouth is also filled with beautiful fall foliage for your viewing pleasure.
Now can you see why fall is our favorite? Head to an area near the Delaware River where the fall foliage can be enjoyed with a light breeze near the water, or to a couple of our great state parks. For more information on traveling throughout New Jersey in the fall check out this website.
And for more information on “leaf peeping,” check out Google! Follow Atlantic Solutions on Instagram to see what we’re up to this October!