At Atlantic Solutions (Somerset, NJ), we are proud to call New Jersey our home state! Located only an hour drive from New York City, New Jersey has some pretty interesting trivia when it comes to the state itself. Atlantic Solutions picked out ten of the top facts about our beautiful state of New Jersey for your reading pleasure, we hope you enjoy!
- New Jersey has an average of 1,030 people per square mile which is 13 times more than the national average. This means we have the highest population density in the United States area!!
- Our beautiful Cape May is the oldest seashore resort in the United States. If you haven’t been there before, be sure to give it a try.
- New Jersey is often referred to as the “Diner Capital of the World,” because it has the most diners of any US State!
- North Jersey is home to the most shopping malls in one specific area. There are 7 major shopping malls within just a 25-mile stretch.
- Some New Jersey natives include Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Jude Blume, Aaron Burr, Frank Sinatra, Jack Nicholson and Queen Latifah! Talk about some interesting people!
- Atlantic City, one of Atlantic Solutions’ favorite New Jersey cities, is home to the street names that appear in the popular game, Monopoly! Pass Go to Collect $200! Atlantic City is also home to the longest Boardwalk in the world, a fact which also appears in the Monopoly game.
- The world’s tallest water tower resides in the state of New Jersey.
- Like drive-in movies? Well, the first drive-in movie theater was opened in Camden!
- Ever been to the Spoon Museum? That’s right, New Jersey has a spoon museum that features a collection of over 5,400 spoons from all over the world. Be sure to check that out sometime.
- There are 21 counties in New Jersey, all of them contribute to the interesting and historical population that make New Jersey so unique.
Atlantic Solutions is so lucky to be located in a place that is so rich in history, people and imagination. We think it’s important to get to know your state, and from learning all of this about New Jersey we love it even more!
Follow Atlantic Solutions on Instagram to see what we’re up to in Somerset, NJ.